Gastroenterology Conditions and Procedures
- Colon Cancer
- Gastroaesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
The Prince Court Medical Centre Endoscopy Unit hosts dedicated facilities for upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy including a dedicated ERCP room with an advanced digital multi-purpose flat panel fluoroscopic system that would enable physicians to better diagnose problems in the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
The caring team of specialists at our dedicated Endoscopy Unit provides comprehensive endoscopic services to patients that require routine endoscopic procedures, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Our services include:
- Upper endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.
- Intragastric Ballonplasty (weight management)
The unit also offers diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) which is a new modality that will assist in staging gastrointestinal cancers. We have pathologists onsite who will assist in tissue biopsies obtained from EUS guided fine needle biopsies, resulting in faster diagnosis. Capsule endoscopy is also available to assess the small bowel and unexplained causes of anemia.