Breast and Endocrine Surgery Services
This service is available at Prince Court Medical Centre providing a comprehensive approach to the management of breast disease. A one-stop centre that provides high quality consultation, examination, imaging and management of breast diseases by a trained specialist breast surgeon and radiologists.
Both benign and malignant breast diseases are treated with current and innovative treatment modalities.
Provision for minimally invasive breast surgery , sentinel node biopsies, oncoplastic breast surgery (cancer surgery with immediate reconstruction) are some of the procedures provided apart from the full range of treatment for breast diseases.
Patients with both benign and malignant endocrine pathologies are also provided with complete management especially thyroid and parathyroid diseases. With the availability of trained endocrinologists, surgeons and nuclear medicine facility a comprehensive treatment is provided.
A lump in your breast or a sharp pain in the region of your breast is always alarming. The breasts, like other parts of our body, are susceptible to infections, inflammations, and diseases, the common causes being trauma, hormonal stimulation, or autoimmune reactions. And while self-examination can be performed for a number of ailments a comprehensive clinical examination is often advised.
The Breast Centre at Prince Court Medical Centre was established to provide a one-stop centre ensuring a comprehensive approach to patient care with advanced technology and a highly trained multidisciplinary team:
- Specialist Breast Surgeon
- Specialist Radiologists
- Specialist Breast Nurses
- Trained oncology nurses
- Clinical Psychologist
- Complete clinical examination by a breast surgeon and treatment plan
- Breast Imaging
- Digital mammography
- PET Scan
- Interventional Breast Radiology
- Breast Biopsy
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology
- Core Biopsy
- Hook wire localised biopsy
- Vacuum assisted biopsy
- Stereotactic core biopsy
- Sentinel node biopsy (isotope & blue dye technique)
Gold standard in the management of early breast cancer. Prince Court offers the complete procedure using radioactive isotope and blue dye technique. Procedure done by a fully trained and internationally accredited surgeon and team. Procedure minimises stay in hospital and can be conducted as day-case.
- Surgeries for benign breast diseases
- Breast conservation surgery / Lumpectomy
- Hook wire localised excision of breast lesions
- Simple mastectomy
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Axillary clearance
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Surgery for gynecomastia
Surgeries for the nipple–areolar complex
- Breast Augmentation
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Disease management
- Surgery for thyroid cancers and Goitres
- Surgery for parathyroid tumours
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Skin sparing mastectomy with immediate reconstruction
- Immediate and Delayed Implant reconstruction
- Reconstruction using Lattisimus dorsi flaps and TRAM flaps
- Surgery post neoadjuvant therapy
- Consultation and treatment by resident plastic surgeons
- Consultation and treatment by resident radiation & medical oncologists
- Physiotherapist and Nutritionist
- Specialist Breast Nurses Care
- Breast care specialists- Post mastectomy prosthesis and garments with personalised fitting and advice