The speciality of infectious diseases provides expert clinical consultations to prevent, diagnose and treat bacterial, viral and parasitic infections. In this era of globalisation and raising antibiotic resistance, prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment of infections is very important and at the same time very challenging.
The Infectious disease services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of wide range infectious problems, including fever of unknown origin, surgical site infections, endocarditis, bone, joint infections and infections following orthopedic surgery.
- Pre-travel itinerary-specific counseling, immunization and prophylactic medications for malarial and diarrheal illnesses.
- Diagnoses and treatment of fever in returning travelers.
- Infections in immunocompromised hosts including cancer and transplant recipients
- Treatment of HIV-infected patients with or without AIDS