Feeling better with the right kind of support
Cancer can affect anybody, and the effects are devastating to the individual as well as to their families and loved ones. Detected early, much can be done to stem the spread, and often heal completely, using the right type of treatment and care.
Oncology is the branch of medicine that studies tumors (cancer) and seeks to understand their development, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. The successful management of cancer requires a multidisciplinary approach. At our Oncology department, we work closely with the departments of Surgery, Gynaecology, Radiology, Pathology and Pharmacy to provide patients with our best care possible.
Services and treatments offered include:
- Consultation, full diagnostic and staging investigations
- Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy of adult solid tumors
- Radiotherapy treatment and planning
- Psychology and Counseling services – meeting the needs of patients and their loved ones
- Pain management
- Nutritional advice
The Oncology department includes:
- A Daycare Oncology Centre and Out-Patient Clinic, with 3 consultation suites, 6 treatment bays and 6 single treatment rooms provides a comprehensive setting for the care of chemotherapy patients. This centre handles minor procedures such as blood transfusions, wound care, thoracocentesis and paracentesis. The facility is staffed by experienced oncologists and nurses who are familiar with all treatment modalities required in the care of our patients.
- In-Patient Oncology Services, with private rooms and suites, most of which have a magnificent view of the KL panorama, and are fully furnished with 29-inch flat screen televisions and free wireless broadband connections. The inpatient ward is dedicated to patients who are in need of longer or continuous therapy, and for patients whose general condition does not allow an outpatient service.
Radiotherapy treatments are handled by a highly qualified team comprises radiation oncologists, therapeutic radiographers, medical physicists and oncology nurses working together to provide high quality patient care in a compassionate environment that is patient and family oriented.
A wide range of radiotherapy treatment modalities are available:
- Tomotherapy (IMRT/IGRT)
- Radioactive Iodine
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Radical and Palliative Radiotherapy
- 3-Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy
- Electron Beam Radiation
We will soon also offer Stereotactic Radiotherapy, Stereotactic Radiosurgery Services, High Dose Rate and Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy, Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE)